I'm considering bracing my 19's to stiffen the cabinets. I had fantastic results with my La Scalas when I recently added additional 3/4 inch panels to the sides & the rear. My concern with the 19's is that I will have to do this internally as I don't wish to reveneer the cabinets.
If I were to add additional layers of 3/4 inch material to the 2 sides, the top & bottom & the back I estimate I would lose approx. 1.33 ft3 of volume. Do you think this would adversely affect the tuning? I probably already know the answer to this, but just looking for another 2 cents worth.
Alternatively I could put braces of 2 x 2 on the sides, a couple each on the top, bottom & back & a brace running from front to rear. This way I would lose approx .59 ft3.
Has anyone ever added bracing to the inside of the cab? Did you notice any difference in the low end response due to decreased cabinet volume?....or will this be negated by the benefit of the bracing.
I know with my La Scalas it was a whole new ball game with the extra bracing. Cleaner, tighter & more punchy bottom end.
Any input appreciated.







Bookmarks